Blockchain Research Engineer, RippleX (Summer 2024)
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Hyper Accelerating the Internet of Value
This role is open to candidates located in San Francisco and New York.
RippleX supports one of the world's fastest, most sustainable, and consistently reliable blockchains - the XRP Ledger. (Fun fact: it's been carbon neutral for over two years now!)
We're focused on helping others to solve their own problems using the XRPL. For example:
- We've written intuitive libraries for developers to easily send money through their apps.
- We've contributed specs to the open source ledger to handle new use cases like NFTs.
- We're creating a toolkit for people to spin up their own "sidechain" networks to experiment with.
- We're enabling blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone.
Our mission is to make it easier to tap into the power of instant decentralized payments by providing infrastructure, tools, and support for developers to build on the XRPL.
We are seeking software engineering (computer science) interns who match our beliefs in the power of this technology. You also see the huge potential of this technology and have the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence to realize the vision we have. There is a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
WHAT YOU'LL WORK ON: (Based on skills and interest)
- Helping to create a webapp used by central banks to issue and manage their own digital currencies (React)
- Making an open source Slack bot to monitor the ledger and notify people about important events (TypeScript)
- Implementing tools to help new developers quickly ramp-up and leverage the XRPL's capabilities
Note: These are potential projects - you don't need to know every language listed.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- You are currently in a Bachelors or Masters program in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- You've worked on open source projects, developer platforms, and/or API-driven software
- You're excited to learn about blockchains and how to make the ecosystem better
- You look to solve problems with simple solutions, rather than technically perfect ones
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Regionally competitive pay and a one-time cash stipend
- Exposure to the crypto-currency and digital asset space!
- A hands-on learning environment where you can dive into the latest technologies and engineering principles
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages & coffee drinks
- Catered lunches in office 2x week
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
- A collaborative work environment with deeply experienced cryptographers, security experts, Silicon Valley and Wall Street veterans
- The opportunity to help change the way the world transacts
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Custody roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.