Director of AI
Exodus is looking for a Director of AI to lead the charge in shaping our company's AI strategy. Our primary goal is to harness AI's transformative potential to empower developers and bring their productivity to the next level. Above all, we value your genuine passion for AI, your agility in learning, and your ability to adapt swiftly. Join us and shape the future of AI, where passion and innovation drive progress.
What You Will Do
- Develop and execute the company's AI strategy, focusing on boosting developer productivity.
- Utilize and showcase the effectiveness of LLMs in producing functional code and/or improving development experience.
- Define a clear AI implementation roadmap, evaluate technologies, and launch AI solutions.
- Cultivate an environment of effective communication and collaboration with the development teams, fostering consensus through multiple channels.
- Monitor and optimize the performance of implemented AI solutions, ensuring seamless integration and gathering feedback.
- Present progress reports to the executive team, highlighting achievements, challenges, findings, and course changes.
- Stay up to date on the latest advancements in AI/ML technologies, and identify opportunities for improvements.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related field.
- 6+ years of experience in software development, demonstrating a deep and comprehensive understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- 2+ years of experience leading/building mid-size to big teams (20+ people).
- Proven ability to ship production-ready AI-powered solutions.
- Prior experience in positions related to strategy.
- Experience training and refining LLMs to generate high-quality and context-aware code.
- Knowledge of security, cryptography, cryptocurrencies, protocol design, and implementation.
Exodus is a multi-asset cryptocurrency wallet with a built-in exchange feature. We started our movement in 2015 and have been a distributed team since then. Our mission is to help half of the world exit the traditional financial system and move into the crypto financial system by the year 2030. To do that we want to make sure we hire the best of the best: people who are intrinsically motivated by what we are trying to achieve and who love what they do professionally.
What We Offer
- Freedom to work wherever you want, whenever you want.
- Building the future. Cryptocurrencies lay the foundation for the internet of value, the next major wave in application technology and personal finance.
- Collaborative and feedback-driven culture.
- Opportunity to grow.
- Fair pay, no matter where you live along with a competitive benefits package.
- 100% pay in Bitcoin with a buffer to account for price changes and exchange fees.
- All the tools you need to do the job
Health: Most of our health insurance plans are covered 100% for you and covered 50% for your dependents. We’ll also cover dental insurance. If you are outside of the United States, we will reimburse you up to $500 per month for any medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
PTO: 30 days of paid time off per year on top of a flexible schedule where you can work wherever and whenever. If you’re part-time with us, you’ll still receive 15 days of paid time off.
Unlimited Bereavement: We will pay you your full salary for the first two weeks for the loss of any immediate family members but we allow you to take all the time you need to grieve outside of that.
Parental Leave: 13 weeks of fully paid leave with and a month of flexible work for the primary caregiver. 4 weeks of paid leave if you are the child's secondary caregiver.
Tax Help: Getting paid in Bitcoin new to you? Don’t worry! We will reimburse you for speaking with a professional tax specialist in your state/country to make sure everything is taken care of.
Perks: Exodus offers a variety of seasonal perks such as coverage for gym memberships and therapy sessions. We also offer quarterly Wellness Days! We want to make sure all of our employees know they are our priority and give back for your hard work often.
Our Hiring Process
To apply, we'd love to learn more about you. Please answer our application questions! Submitting a resume is optional.
Our hiring process consists of several different stages.
Recruiter Interview: If we like your initial application, expect to schedule an interview with a member of our recruitment team. We want to know more about why you want to join our team to make sure this is the right place for you.
Assessments: Not every role consists of an assessment but if yours does it will be directly related to the job you apply for.
Interview with your future manager: This is to make sure that you are a fit for the role you are applying to and to explore your career history. In this interview, we’ll learn more about the hard and soft skills you possess to help determine if you’d be a good fit for us.
Interview(s) with your future colleagues: We call these focus interviews and they are a time for you to learn more about your role from someone you will closely collaborate with. It’s also a time for us to see how we align in terms of competencies and expected outcomes of the role.
Executive Behavioral Interview: For our management roles, we take some more time before the end of the process to better get to know you and how well you align with our core values. Expect this call if you will be leading a team.